Voter Accessibility Advisory Committee
The Voter Accessibility Advisory Committee (VAAC) advises and assists the Registrar of Voters (ROV) make polling sites accessible to all voters.
- Assist and advise County elections officials in outreach programs and materials about accessibility.
- Advise County
elections officials about accessibility of:
- Registration and voting systems
- Barriers to participation by the elderly and persons with disabilities
- Recommend useful mechanisms to overcome barriers
- Advise County elections officials in surveying polling place accessibility in compliance with the current guidelines
- Advise County election officials on poll worker training materials as it relates to accessibility
- Assist in the recruitment of poll workers who are representative of persons with disabilities and older voters
The committee is comprised of representatives from:
- Disability Rights California
- In Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Advisory Committee
- San Diego Center for the Blind
- San Diego County ADA Coordinator
- San Diego County Registrar of Voters
- State Council on Developmental Disabilities
2023 Meeting Schedule
Dates and times are subject to change.
2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Monday, January 23, 2023 Virtual Meeting/Conference Call-in
Monday, April 24,
2023 Virtual Meeting/Conference Call-in
Monday, July 24, 2023 Virtual Meeting/Conference Call-in
Monday, October 23, 2023 Virtual Meeting/Conference Call-in
Please contact 858-505-7202 with questions or to request call-in information.