Register To Vote

Check My Registration

Check My Registration

You may check your voter registration status to make sure you are eligible to vote in the next election. You must be registered to vote at least 15 days before an election. If the registration deadline has passed for an upcoming election, you may visit the Registrar’s office during the 14 days prior to, and on Election Day, to conditionally register and vote provisionally.  

Voting material mailings begin 29 days before the election. To make sure your voting materials are promptly delivered to you, please verify that you are registered correctly.

If you have recently submitted a voter registration form, please note that it can take several days to process your registration.



Register to Vote

You may register to vote in California, if you are:

  • A U.S. Citizen
  • A California Resident
  • Be at least 18 years old on or before the next election
  • Not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction
  • Not declared mentally incompetent by court action
You Can Pre-Register to Vote in California, if you are:
  • 16 or 17 years old
  • Meets all the other requirements to vote

Then you will be automatically registered to vote on your 18th birthday.


Click the link below to register:

Register To Vote


Changed Your Address, Name or Political Party?

If you recently moved, changed your name or want to change your political party, you need to re-register to vote. You do that by completing a new voter registration application. The Registrar of Voters office will recognize only your most recent registration, so you don’t need to cancel your previous registration unless you are moving out of the county.


Voter Notification Card

Voter Notification Card

Within two to four weeks after registering or re-registering to vote, you will receive your Voter Notification Card in the mail. Review this card to ensure your information (political party preference, mail ballot voter status and address) is entered correctly.


Cancel Registration

If you are moving to another county or state, you may cancel your local registration here. You may also use this form to cancel the registration of someone who has passed away.