Election Results Explained
- The first set of unofficial election night results will appear shortly after 8 p.m., June 7, 2022. They will include mail ballots received before Election Day, and vote center ballots from early voting between May 28 - June 6. They will also include votes for qualified write-in candidates.
- After the first unofficial report, election night updates will include vote center ballots cast on Election Day only. There will be no more updates to mail ballots and write-in candidates on election night.
- Once the vote centers close at 8 p.m. on election night, vote center ballots must be driven in from 218 vote centers across San Diego County.
- Periodic election night result updates will continue throughout the night until all vote center ballots are reported. It may take the Registrar's office until 1 a.m. or later to tabulate all vote center ballots for the final unofficial election night results.
- The next unofficial results update
will be posted on the following schedule:
- By 5 p.m., Thursday, June 9 through Friday, June 10
- By 5 p.m., Monday/Wednesday/Friday June 13 through June 17
- Additional updates may occur at the discretion of the Registrar of Voters.
- After election night, voter turnout percentage will increase as timely and validly cast ballots, including mail and provisional ballots, are added into the count.
- Mail ballots postmarked on Election Day and received by the Registrar’s office by June 14 will be considered timely cast.
- All results are unofficial until completion of the official canvass of the election on or before July 7, 2022.
- Follow us on Twitter for updates on election results reporting.