What does the San Diego County Registrar of Voters do?
- The Registrar of Voters' (ROV) mission is to conduct voter registration and voting processes with the highest level of professional election standards, including accountability, security and integrity, thereby earning and maintaining public confidence in the electoral process
- The ROV is entrusted with providing the forum for all eligible citizens of San Diego County to exercise their right to actively participate in the democratic process
- With a current registered voter population of 1.9 million, the department works to ensure widespread, ongoing opportunities to register and vote in fair and accurate elections for all federal, state and local offices and measures
- The ROV is also responsible for providing access to the information needed for citizens to engage in the initiative, referendum and recall petition processes
- Learn more about How ROV Works
The Interim Registrar of Voters is Cynthia L. Paes.