Vote By Mail
Permanent Mail Ballot
Any voter may receive a mail ballot for any election. To apply for a
permanent mail ballot, sign up here:
Your voting materials will be automatically mailed to you before each election
If you decide to return to the polls to vote, you may change your mail ballot status with this form »
You can track your mail-in ballot every step of the way by signing up for Where’s My Ballot?
IMPORTANT STEPS WHEN VOTING YOUR MAIL BALLOT
- You will receive your mail ballot between 29 and 7 days before Election Day
- Follow instructions for marking (voting) on your mail ballot
- Place marked (voted) ballot in official return envelope and seal it
- SIGN and DATE outside of envelope – sign your name like it appears on your driver’s license or identification card
- If you mailed your ballot and forgot to sign the outside of the envelope or if your signature could not be verified on your return envelope, please use this form to send your signature to us
You must SIGN AND DATE your return envelope or the form referenced above for your ballot to be counted!
Returning Your Mail Ballot
You can mail your ballot to the Registrar of Voters address above or you may drop it off:
- At one of the designated mail ballot drop-off locations
throughout the county.
- At the Registrar of Voters office anytime Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- On Election Day, at any poll, between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Or, if
you are away from San Diego County you may return your mail ballot
at any poll, drop off location or voting center throughout the State
- Please note the elections officials in the other county have up to eight days to forward your ballot to us
- If you mail your ballot it must be postmarked on or before Election Day and we must receive it no later than the Friday after Election Day
If you need language assistance in Chinese, Filipino, Spanish or Vietnamese, please contact us at 858-565-5800.
Do you need a second mail ballot?
If you need a second mail ballot because you damaged, lost or made a mistake on your first mail ballot, call (858) 565-5800.
Track Your Mail Ballot
You can confirm that your mail ballot was received by the Registrar of Voters by filling out this form »